Chocolate? Guilt? You don't have to feel that way about chocolate desserts.
Here is one with a healthy attitude to it: chocolate pudding pie.
This recipe satisfies your craving without all the drama of eating a pie and chocolate.
Try it this season and see how it feels to eat healthy desserts that don't kook so healthy at a first glance.
- 30 chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white rum
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 10 tablespoon fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. "To prepare crust, place wafers in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add 3 ounces melted chocolate and oil; process until blended. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 15 minutes or until set."
- 2. "To prepare the filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt in a large saucepan; stir with a whisk. Add half of milk and 2 yolks; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 4 ounces chocolate, and stir until smooth. Stir in rum. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 4 hours or until set. Serve with raspberries and whipped topping."