Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- - 1/4 tsp salt
- - 1/4 tsp pepper
- - 4 small, skinless salmon fillets (1 lb/450 g total)
- - 1 tsp, 5 ml, olive oil
- - 4 lemon wedges
- - 1 lb, 454 g, about 2, yellow-fleshed large potatoes peeled and cut in chunks
- - 4 cups cauliflower florets
- - 2 tsp, 10 ml, olive oil
- - 2 cloves minced garlic
- - 1 sliced leek, white and light green parts only
- - 4 cups thinly sliced stemmed kale
- - 2 tbsp, 30 ml, light sour cream
- - 2 tbsp, 30 ml, 2% plain Greek yogurt
- - 1/2 tsp salt
- - 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1- To prepare the cauliflower colcannon: boil water in a saucepan and add potatoes cooking for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook until both are soft, about 10 minutes, then drain.
- 2- In a pan or skillet, add oil and heat over medium heat, then cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add leek and cook about 3 minutes stirring until tender. Transfer these to a plate.
- 3- To the same pan, add the rest of the oil, kale and 3 tbsp of water; cook kale and stir occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes. Add kale to leek mixture on the plate.
- 4- Using a food processor, add potatoes, cauliflower, sour cream, yogurt, salt and pepper and pulse until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl and add the kale mixture. Cover to keep warm.
- 5- To prepare the salmon, add salt and pepper to both sides of the salmon. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook salmon. Tun it once. Cook until fish flakes easily when you attempt to test it, about 6 minutes. Serve over colcannon with lemon wedges.
Canadian Living: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/seared_salmon_with_cauliflower_colcannon.php