"Breast Friends Society sponsors the Breast Friends Dragon Boat Racing Team of Edmonton. They are women from Edmonton and surrounding communities. They have all had a diagnosis of breast cancer and they train to race in dragon boat competitions." Read more about their mission.
Here is more on this amazing society in their own words:
Breast Friends are from every walk of life, and have varied fitness levels. Each member is a powerful example that women can lead full and vigorous lives after surgery and treatment for breast cancer.
Breast Friends' Mission Statement:
While participating in the sport of dragon boating, we will endeavour:
- To encourage women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer to lead full and active lives
- To demonstrate the benefits of an active lifestyle through the sport of dragon boating
- To raise awareness about breast cancer and encourage the pursuit of a cure
- To provide support and fellowship to team members
- To have fun!
- 'To live life to its fullest'
- 'To get a unique view of Edmonton from the river'
- 'Because it's a great stress-buster'
- 'To prove that life after cancer can be healthier than ever!'
- 'Because these ladies understand exactly what I've been through'
Such a beautiful message; we hope you will support and spread the word about Breast Friends Dragon Boat Racing Team in your circles.
Breast Friends Dragon Boat Racing Team: http://www.breastfriendsedmonton.org/