We just love easy food solutions and that's why we bring you another healthy homemade granola bar recipe. This one is filled with nuts and dried fruit! Of course, you can always do some substitutions to your taste. Have these as a home snack or pack them for light lunch snack or energy boost.
- "1 tsp. butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice crisp cereal (sold at Whole Foods and other â€œnaturalâ€ stores, or substitute Rice Krispy cereal)
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup (sold at Whole Foods and other â€œnaturalâ€ stores)
- 1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- pinch ginger
1- Preheat the oven to 325Â°.
2- Spread the almonds and pecans on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven for 6 – 8 minutes, or until they start to brown a bit.
Bitchin Camero: http://www.bitchincamero.com/2008/10/homemade-cranberry-spice-granola-bars/