This frittata is baked with eggs and veggies. It is suitable for lunch, brunch or dinner. The nice cups it is made with can make it also a party dish.
Courtesy of Heart and Stroke Foundation:
- "1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped fennel
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled, cubed white potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC). Spray 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) glass baking dish with canola cooking spray and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, fennel, onion and fennel seeds and sauté 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat and stir in potatoes. Evenly spread vegetable mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs with milk and black pepper. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle Cheddar and feta cheese evenly over top. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories 140
- Protein 10 g
- Total Fat 7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 175 mg
- Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fibre 1 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Sodium 230 mg
- Potassium 233 mg"
Heart and Stroke Foundation: http://www.heartandstroke.com/site/c.ikIQLcMWJtE/b.8986063/k.79/Recipes__Red_pepper_and_fennel_frittata.htm