This is a very colorful, crunchy and healthy stir fry. What is even more appetizing is that it is done in 25 minutes!
Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- - 3 tbsp (45 mL) oyster sauce
- - 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- - 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- - 1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar
- - 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- - 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- - 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- - 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- - 2 sweet red peppers, chopped
- - 2 onions, chopped
- - 1 tsp (5 mL) Thai chili paste or sambal oelek
- - 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted unsalted cashews
- - 3 green onions, chopped
1- Whisk together chicken broth, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch and vinegar; set aside.
2- In wok, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken, salt and pepper until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
3- Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry red peppers, onions and chili paste for 3 minutes. Return chicken and any juices to wok; stir-fry until no longer pink inside, about 1 minute.
4- Add cornstarch mixture; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cashews and green onions; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Canadian Living: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/quick_and_easy/sweet_and_spicy_cashew_chicken.php