This is part of our chicken recipes series. Delicious and healthy ingredients as chicken, asparagus, and mushrooms must turn out into a marvelous meal. Try this recipe and see for yourself.
- "3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms (such as chanterelle, oyster, and shiitake)
- 1/4 cup minced shallot (from about 1/2 large shallot)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon piment d'Espelette or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
1- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
2- Add asparagus; season with salt and toss to evenly coat asparagus with oil.
3- Add 3 Tbsp. water, cover, and steam until water evaporates and asparagus is just tender, 4–5 minutes.
4- Transfer asparagus to a medium bowl.
- 5- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet.
- 6- Add mushrooms; season with salt and sauté until tender, 8–10 minutes.
- 7- Transfer mushrooms to another medium bowl.
- 8- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet.
- 9- Add shallot and garlic and sauté until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- 10- Add chicken; season with salt and sprinkle with piment d'Esplette.
- 11- Sauté until chicken is almost cooked through, 4–6 minutes.
- 12- Add wine and cream; bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 13- Return asparagus and mushrooms to skillet and toss until coated.
- 14- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.