Mmmm... This is something that is worth trying in a summer party. Doughnuts are wonderful treats, after all. Remember that you can a;ways experiment with the icing and topping to fit the occasion or season.
Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6-12 doughnuts
- "3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter or vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup whole milk, scalded
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten"