Wednesday 21 November 2012

Snow Day!

It's snowing in Edmonton and you know what that means?

Getting comfortable at home and cooking for the family! That's what I love to do.

I was thinking today about a South-Asian recipe that's my favorite. It's called Chicken Karhai.

There are various versions to cook this recipe. And here is how I do it:

- Heat some olive oil in a pot

- Sprinkle some pepper

- Now add some chopped garlic and ginger and let them turn color

- Add pieces of chicken (I use cut chicken breast and legs)

- Let it cook on high heat. When chicken turns color add lots of chopped tomatoes

- Add some tomato sauce and spices: salt and chillis

- Reduce heat to medium and cover the pot

- Let it cook for half an hr

-Add chopped green chillies for garnish and serve

I love eating chicken karhai with warm Naan bread. Notice how I haven't given quantities. This is how I like to cook: from the heart. But if you need specific instructions, we would love to answer.

So what did you cook today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your initials or first name just so we know a bit about you :)....